April 20, 2015

On my birthday....homemade frozen yogurt!




Last week it was quite sunny and hot outside. So a friend and I decided to get frozen yogurt to “celebrate” the beautiful weather.
Since there were no lectures but both of us had to get up in the morning anyways (my boyfriend left for vacation), we met quite early as well. Too early!
We didn’t get froyo because the shop was still not open at that time. But…for all those who are wondering…we got ice cream instead



To cut a long story short…I decided to do my own frozen yogurt at home.
You can take exactly these topping you like (without any compromises ;) ), it’s cheaper and healthier and it is soo much fun!

So let’s play iceman…
Here are the directions:
Line a seeve with two to three sheets of paper towel and pour in 2 cups of Greek yogurt. Make sure that the paper towel won’t tear if it gets wet, because you wanna extract all the water from the yogurt. This will take at least 3 hours. Save some time and perpare it the night before and let it sit overnight.



Afterwards place the yogurt in big bowl. If you want you can add one tablespoon of honey but I skipped that part.
Separate two eggs and beat the egg whites until they’re white and stiff. Add it to the yogurt and carefully fold in. Then place your frozen yogurt in the freezer and let it sit for two to three hours.





Now you can prepare the toppings. Just cut all of your fruits (or anything else) in bite-size chunks. I got a mango, ananas and frozen raspberries.


Next I placed a little bit of my frozen yogurt in a bowl and sprinkled it with the fruits. As you can see in the pics I used a pipping bag…you know fot that extra glamour. But you can spoon it as well.



Here are the ingredients again:


Have a great and (hopefully sunny) day!
Let me know in the comments which toppings you prefer!


Enjoy
xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen