April 27, 2015

Cinco de mayo...with chicken and beans

 



Since cinco de mayo is right around the corner I thought it would be a great idea to cook something Mexican.

First I looked for a recipe with sweet potatoes. But unfortunantely I didn't get sweet potatoes at the grocery store. So I got beans and corn and decided to do a chicken quinoa stir-fry.

Curious about the recipe?

Here are the directions:
First drain corn and pre-cooked beans. Set them aside.


Bring four cups of water to a boil, pour in two cups of Quinoa and cook until there's no excess water left. (Please notice that I used a bulgur & quinoa mix, this is optional and totally your choice. Take whatever you prefer.)


Next heat up a pan and pour in one tablespoon of olive oil. Cut up one chicken breast in bite-sized chunks and add in. As soon as the chicken is cooked through put it on a plate and set it aside.


Then slice up one onion, add it to the pan and stir-fry until it's slightly brown. Then mix in beans and corn. After a few minutes reduce the heat and add five tablespoons of tomato sauce. 
 

Afterwards add in the roasted chicken breast and heat up all together again. Season with a lot of black pepper, chili and a binch of salt.
Place a little bit of the quinoa on a plate and top it with the bean & corn mix. If you want you can add a little cheese as well or decorate with some flowers. (by the way: My boyfriend brought me these purple flowers from Egypt)




I hope you enjoy
Have a great cinco de mayo!

xo
Andrea



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen