Mai 04, 2015

For Mother's Day...buttermilk terrine with berry sauce




As you all know Mother‘s Day is right around the corner. Today I wanna help you to say: „Thank you mommy!“


So to address my mom:  Since I moved out my mom and I don‘t  spend that much time together. But whenever I come home we’re going shopping or grap coffe and talk about everything that happend.  So I just wanna say thank you for all! (…and especially for teaching me how to cook! :P )

But you all know…this is a foodblog…
…that is why we say thanks with a delicious and healthy dessert for all our moms.
May I introduce the buttermilk terrine with berry sauce.
It’s sugarfree, it’s low-fat and there are no cooking skills required! Your mom will love it!


Here are the directions:


 Place to cups of buttermilk in a mixing bowl. Grate the peel of one organic lemon and squeeze it afterwards. Then add the lemon zest to the buttermilk and pour the lemon juice in a sauce pan.


Soak three leaves of gelatine in cold water for at least five minutes. Then drain it and solve the gelatine in warmed juice.
Then add the juice with the disolved gelatine leaves to the buttermilk. Be careful it should be just warm not boiling hot. Blend everything together and fill it into tartelette moulds or a muffin tin or whatever else you have at hand.


Place your buttermilk terrine in the fridge and let it sit for at least four to five hours.
Meanwhile prepare the berry sauce.
Heat up about three cups of frozen berries. And cook on low heat until everything is cooked to pieces. Don’t forget to stir every once in a while. That is all! Let it chill until it’s needed.


As soon as the terrine is hard you can carefully remove them from the moulds.
I placed three, one above the other, on a plate drizzeled it with the berry sauce. To decorate a little more I chose some flowers and fondant daisies.



At the very end I just want to add another „thank you“: So special thanks to my friend who gave me this wonderful cookbook from which I got the recipe.


I hope you enjoy!
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day! My congratulations to all those moms out there, you’re wonderful!
xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen