Mai 11, 2015

Delicious and healthy...potato waffles





Last weekend I traveled to Graz to celebrate Mother’s Day, my mom’s, my aunt’s and my birthday with my family. (If you follow me on twitter or instagram you know that already ;) )
Besides enjoying some family time, I took the opportunitiy to take some of my stuff (mostly Christmas and birthday presents I couldn’t carry at that time) to Vienna with me.
And since my waffle iron (another birthday present which was to heavy) finally made it from my parent’s home to my place I decided to do healthy waffles for this blog post.
Time for potato waffles!
 
Potatoes offer an adequate amount of complex carbohydrates, enough fiber to keep you full all day long and are rich in vitamin C, B1 B2 and B6 (these are good for your hair and nails).
Moreover the contin hardly any fat (0,1%) but lots of essential amino acids.
Served with a salad these waffles are a great and healthy swap for a sandwich.


Now time to heat up that waffle iron!
Here are the directions:
Seperate 1 egg into yolk and egg whites. Add ¼ cup of olive o
il tot he egg yolks and blend until it’s pale yellow.


Peel and grate one larger potato (or two smaller ones). In the end you should have one cup of grated potatoes.


Add them to the egg  yolks and mix again. Then add 1/3 cup of yogurt and 1/3 cup of wholegrain flour and one teaspoon of baking soda. Blend well and season with salt and black pepper afterwards. At the last fold in the beaten egg whites.


Now heat up your waffle iron. As soon as it’s hot spread about 1-2 tablespoons of your batter on it and close the lid.
Bake for 5-7 minutes until they’re golden. Remove them from the waffle iron and place them on a cake rack.
To add some veggies I just cut up ¼ of a cucumber and some tomatoes and made a yogurt dressing. (I just mixed ½ cup of Greek yogurt  with salt and black pepper.)


Place a waffle on a plate top it with your veggies and drizzle with the dressing.
Special tip at the end: you can double the recipe and freeze the excess waffles. To defrost you just have to pop them into the toaster.


I hope you enjoy.
I'd love to see pics of your waffles and if you wanna see me doing a certain recipe or dish comment down below.
xo
Andrea 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen