Mai 25, 2015

Dinner with friends....sesame crusted chicken with oven veggies


This weekend we had friends invited to our place.
For dinner I wanted to cook something special but not over the top. And...since my new laptop finally arrived...it was the best opportunity to test my new cooking app (actually it was the first app I installed!)


But I didn't find exactly what I had in mind. So I made my own recipe.

Sesame crusted chicken breast with oven roasted vegetables.


Doesn't it sound delicious??
Plus: Sesame has quite a lot of health benefits. For example it contains up to 20% high quality protein and moreover micronutrients such as magnesium, zinc and calcium (good for hair and skin). Furthermore the high fiber content keeps you full throughout the day.


Let's go...here are the directions:

Mix one tablespoon of soy sauce with one tablespoon of honey and one glove of garlic for every chicken breast. For example if you cooking four servings, you need four chicken breast wich means four tablespoons of honey and four tablespoons of soy sauce and for gloves of garlic. Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until everything is well combined.


Place your chicken breast in a bowl and marinate with your soy sauce mix. Cover it with foil and let it sit for at least six hours. I recommend letting it sit overnight.



Take your chicken breasts an roll them in roasted sesame seeds and place them in a ovenproof dish. Bake for about 20 minutes until it's cooked thoroughly and golden.

Meanwhile you can prepare the veggies. Slice up two bell peppers and two zucchini (makes four servings again). Put them on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with a little bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt. 



Put them in the oven too...but don't forget to stir once in a while. As soon as the bell peppers turn brown your veggies are done and you can remove chicken and veggies from the oven.
Ready to dine!


I hope you enjoy! (...as much as I did)
Please don't forget to subscribe to my blog or follow me on social media if you like my recipes.


Have a great week and stay tuned for more healthy recipes.
xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen