September 01, 2014

Homemade ... the best way to eat pizza!




Today when I was in the city to run some errands I realized that you can get a slice of pizza nearly everywhere. But because of this huge amount of cheese on the pizza and the white flour in the pizza crust it’s not the best choice for lunch or dinner.
And as you all know me, I always try to make common food a bit healthier. So I made my own pizza at home.

I admit, buying a slice of pizza is the fastest lunch/dinner ever but I promise my pizza won’t take that long and it’s much better and healthier.

Here’s what to do:
For two pizzas just mix 300g of wholegrain flour, one pack of dry yeast and a pinch of salt together. Add two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of honey and and about 2/3 cup of warm water and knead until it comes to a ball. Let it sit in a warm place (about 45°-50°C) for about half an hour.
Meanwhile you can prepare all the toppings. Slice about one zucchino, two tomatoes, one eggplant or whatever else you want on your pizza. I went for tomato sauce, one cup of corn and one ball of mozzarella cheese as well as for tomato sauce, parmesan and emmentaler cheese.

Then roll out your dough ball into the size you prefer. (I did two pizzas because the first wasn’t that big and I had dough left.)
Spread about 100g of tomato sauce on it with a spoon and top with your prepared veggies and mozzarella. Afterwards sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano on it and bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden.
Remove from the oven and let it chill for about 5 minutes. Then cut into slices and enjoy.


If you wanna take a slice of your homemade pizza to work just let it cool completely and wrap into foil or put it in a box. With a bowl of salad it’s the perfect lunch break snack.
This healthy pizza recipe would also work if you wanna impress guests with some mini pizzas.


Enjoy and send me a pic of your favorite homemade pizza.
xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen