August 04, 2014

Another breakfast option ... bagels




As I already mentioned in one of my brevious posts … I absolutely love breakfast. That’s why I’m about to show you another option for a good start of the day.

Today I share my go-to breakfast: BAGELS.
The best thing about making your bagels at home is that you can take one by one out of the freezer in the evening and warm it up in the morning. I promise, they will taste like freshly baked. And … there’s nothing better than the smell of coffee and freshly baked bagels in the morning.


So here’s what to do:
In a big bowl mix 500g of flour, one pack of dry yeast and a pinch of salt. Then slightly warm up about 200ml of milk (I’m always using rice milk but any other kind of milk would work as well). It mustn’t be hot, so be careful with heating up. Add two tablespoons of honey and 4 tablespoons of olive oil to your flour mix. Then pour in the milk and knead all together until it comes together to a ball.
Let it sit for about half an hour.

Afterwards flatten your dough ball slightly to about 1,5cm thick. Then cut out bagels. The easiest way to do is using a donut cutter but a glas and a cooking spoon (to make a hole) work too. Let your bagels sit for another 30 minutes.
Meanwhile heat up a pot of water and stir in about one and a half tablespoons of honey. As soon as the water comes to a boil dunk each bagel for about 20 seconds on each side. Put them back on a baking tray carefully. You can sprinkle each bagel with flax seeds or sunflower seeds as long as they are damp but this is totally optional. Bake them for 20 minutes at 180°-200°C until they are golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely.
Now they are ready to put in the freezer and enjoy one by one every morning.

For all the vegans out there … you can replace the honey with two tabelspoons of agave syrup or one tablespoon of brown sugar.

And last but not least, my special breakfast tip:
I always warm up my bagel while making me a cup of coffee and enjoy it with a slice of parmesan and some fruits.




I hope this helps to make your mornings a bit more pleasant...
xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen