Juni 22, 2015

Father's Day special...Daddy's guest post



On the occasion of Father's Day I talked my Dad into writing a guest post for this blog.
He isn't quite a genius when it comes to cooking (there's a reason why my mom cooks everyday) but when I was little I really enjoyed his noodles with sour cream and ham every Tuesday.

So a big “Thank you” to you Daddy and I hope all of you like it!
Please comment down below what you think and let my Dad know that he is a real chef. ;)



Hi folks!

This is Andrea’s dad!
Today I proudly present my favorite recipe: a typical Austrian dish called “Reisauflauf” which is basically baked rice with eggs and raisins. (Remark by my daughter: “This is not a real 'Reisauflauf' it's your version of it!”)

I like it so much because I can do it on my own whenever I want. Moreover it tastes pretty good and is loaded with energy for my endurance workouts.

Here’s the how-to:
Start with cooking up the milk because it will take exactly the amount of time you will need for preparing the rest. Keep an eye on it...burnt milk smells awful.
Then mix sugar, eggs and raisins until it’s combined well.





As soon as the milk is boiling pour in the rice and keep stirring to avoid scorching. The rice will absorb the milk and when it has a thick consistency turn off the heat and continue stirring until boiling stops.


Next add in the egg sugar mix and blend well. Place the rice batter in a greased pan and bake it for about 40mins at 150°C [300F].



Afterwards remove it from the oven, cut it into pieces and serve it with apple sauce (I really enjoy raspberry syrup with it!).



And at the end...the ingredients summed up:

3 cups of rice
2 l milk
3 tbs sugar
3 eggs
1 cup of raisins

As you can see in the pictures my daughter decorated her serving with more raisins and a cherry.


I hope you’ll manage otherwise there is pizza service. ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen