Juni 29, 2015

4th of July can come...with these red, white & blue salads



 

Hey guys!
You all know 4th of July is right around the corner and with it lots of garden parties, BBQs and fun with friends!

And...I have the perfect recipes for you!
Healthy, delicious and totally „Instagram-worthy“ because everything is blue white or red.

Today I present you two summery salads: the classic tomato mozzarella salad with blueberries and the fancy watermelon, blueberry and goat cheese salad.


Let's start with some infos about the nutrients:

tomatoes - ...are full of vitamins A,C, E (antioxidative) as well as vitamin B. In addition tomatoes contain a lot of magnesium, iron and calcium and rare micronutrients such as cobalt and zinc.

blueberries -  ...are really a secret weapon of health. They contain a lot of carotene and vitamin C. The best ingredient is by far the natural colorant „myrtillin“: Together with iron and vitamin C it protects your blood vessels and can prevent strokes.

watermelon - ...is like a big red bottle of mineral water. It cleanses your kidneys and contains 95% water and a bunch of good micronutrients such as calcium, iron, iodine and fluorine.

cheese - …is are great way to add protein to your salad. 100g of mozzarella cheese contain 18% and goat cheese has even 21% of protein.


And now let's prepare delicious salads!

I started with chopping ¼ of a watermelon. I removed the green parts, cut the rest in bite-size chunks and placed them in a bowl. I added one cup of blueberries and stirred a little. Next I cut about nine cherry tomatoes in half and placed them in another bowl. Afterwards I mixed in half a cup mini mozzarella balls and half a cup of blueberries.




For classic salad dressing I blended ¼ cup of vinegar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil together. I added a pinch of salt and half a glove of garlic and mixed again. Afterwards I tossed my tomato mozzarella salad with the dressing and set it aside.
I marinated the fancy watermelon salad with a dash of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
At the last I took a cookie cutter, cut out little goat cheese stars and placed them on the watermelon salad.



If you throwing a garden party/BBQ on your own, you can totally change the salad into cute skewers or a mini appetizers.




I hope you enjoy!
...and if you recreate my recipes please send me a photo...I'd love to see all the healthy dishes.


xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen