April 06, 2015

Pre-workout pancake breakfast




 If you follow my blog for a while now you already know I’m a little breakfast addict. But since I can’t count me as a morning person I always do my workout midmorning after my breakfast.
So I always choose a breakfast which gives me enough “fuel” but won’t make me nauseous during my workout.

And…today I wanna share one of my favorites with you.
Only a few ingredients, wholegrain and sugar-free! Here are the pre-workout pancakes.

The banana and the wholegrain oats in it will give you enough complex carbohydrates to kill your workout and will be burnt right away. Moreover you get an adequate dose of protein because of eggs and soy/almond milk.
Top the pancakes with a bunch of fruits (check the recipe down below) and you have an almost perfect breakfast to start your day full of energy.


So but now…let’s do something
Here are the directions:

Place one cup of wholgrain oats, one entire egg and one cup of soy/almond milk in a blender. Peel a banana and add in. If you have a sweet tooth you can add one tablespoon of honey.
Blend everything together until it is smooth and has the texture of thick pancake batter.


Heat up a pan and pour in one tablespoon of oil. Place a small amount of batter in the pan and spread it slightly by using a spoon. 



Bake four of them for about 3-5 minutes, then flip and bake for another 3-5 minutes. Remove the pancakes from the pan, place them on a lined baking tray or plate and keep them warm.
Then add one teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to the batter blend again. Now bake another four pancakes.


Place your pancakes in alternate order on a plate. Top them with fruits of your choice (as you can see in the pictures…I use some mixed berries) and a dollop of cottage cheese.




And here’s a special tip for all those who perfer to sleep a little longer:
Double or triple the amount of the ingredients and do more pancakes at one go. Freeze the leftover pancakes and pop them in the toaster next morning.
0% effort - 100% fresh pancakes.



Here are the ingredients again:


I hope you enjoy and kill that workout!!
xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen