März 30, 2015

Energy Easter eggs...Easter candy health edition





Hopefully all of you are enjoying the Easter preparations so far.
You know…Easter is one of my favorite holidays (besides Christmas) throughout the year. Not only because it’s around my birthday…also because it’s getting warmer outside, flowers start to bloom and spring is on his way!


So now…let me introduce today’s recipe: The energy Easter eggs.
It’s my personal intention to create healthy subsitutes for Easter candy or junk food in general because I’m not a fan of giving that much chocolate/junk food to children. When I was younger I always get a huge amount of chocolate bunnies and other candy. I literally couldn’t eat them all and I had to give more than a half to my dad and my brother. Today as a nutritionist and a passionate amateur chef I have the skills to create these healthy but nevertheless delicious substitutes. And… I wanna share it with as many people as possible to show everybody that a healthy diet is not hard to achieve and doesn’t require any sacrifices.


So here are the directions:

Place one cup of wholegrain oats, ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and a pinch of salt in a big bowl. Stir a little to blend everything well.



Heat up pan and dry roast 2/3 cup of grated coconut, ½ cup of sesame and ½ cup of sunflower seeds for a couple of minutes. As soon as they start to become brown remove from the heat and add them to the oat mix. Stir again.


Then add one cup of crunchy peanut butter (unsweetened) and a little vanilla extract. I slightly warmed up the peanut butter which made it easier to blend everything together.



Grab two teaspoons and some more grated coconut and sesame seeds to decorate your energy Easter eggs. Of course and for the sake of colored Easter eggs you can use a few sprinkles as well.
By using the two teaspoons you can easily form the oat and seed mix into eggs and roll them in sesame/grated coconut/sprinkles afterwards. Place them on a plate or lined baking tray and let them harden for about half an hour.




Now they’re ready to dig in.


 

Here are the ingredients summed up:


I whish everybody a wonderful and happy Passion Week, have a great Easter Sunday…
…and please, please, please send me pics of your energy Easter eggs or your colored Easter eggs! :P




Enjoy
xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen