Februar 02, 2015

Get ready for Valentine's Day...rice cake hearts



Hey, lovelies…you know what….Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!


Even though I really like Valentines’s Day it was never a big deal…but this year I wanted to make some cute stuff for my boyfriend.
Of course my treat has to be pink, rose or red…and heart shaped, duh!


After a few days thinking I ended up with my final idea:
Here are the pink and cute puffed-rice hearts for your special someone.
(Or for yourselves when cuddeling up with a blanket and some DVDs on Valentine’s Day.)


Sooo easy to make and sooo incredibly cute. I was really surprise how well they turned out in the end.
Little Story beside: I did a little more hearts for my Rope Skipping girls and they really freaked out about them. I had a ringing in my ears for nearly 1 minute! ;)




Now….take out all your pink glittery stuff and let’s cook:
Here are the directions:



Take your heart shaped cookie cutter and cut about ten hearts out of your puffed-rice cakes. Be a little carefull because they’re quite crumbly and the edges tend to get frayed.
 

 



Then melt about one cup of dark chocolate on low heat. Spread a good amount of melted chocolate on one of your hearts, place a skewer on and top with another heart. Press slightly and place them on a lined baking tray to dry.






As soon as the chocolate is compeltely dry you can move on.
Now it’s time for PINK!
Melt 2 cups of pink icing on low heat as well. I used this icing from the grocery store because it’s easier to handle and dries faster. Next dunk your entire hearts in. Remove, let the excess icing drip off and place them up right on the skewer to dry again.




When all is completely hard you can start decorating. Maybe you wanna write a name on or only two letters or just a little dash of glitter. Completely your choice. J
I just tied bows in pink and a silver right under the heart.






And here all you need at a glance:




I wish all of you a happy Valentine’s Day, guys!
Let me see your hearts, cards and flowers.


xo
Andrea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen