Juli 25, 2014

Start your day full of energy.....




I have to admit that except brunch, breakfast is my favorite meal.
When I was younger and lived with my parents and my brother, my mom always wanted us to have breakfast together. In my teens I was not a morning person at all and I would probably have skipped breakfast only to sleep a little longer.
Now it’s totally different and I even do my workouts in the morning. Right after I wake up I put on my workout clothes, do a little bit of exercise and have a shower. Then I love sitting on my desk in front of the window having a good cup of coffee and a bagel or fresh fruits and yogurt. I check my mails, newspapers, social media sites and what else happens around the world.
For me there is no better way to start the day.
And … as you all know … breakfast is the most important meal!!!


So I decided I’ll show you a quick and easy but nevertheless yummy and healthy breakfast option to start your day full of energy.
Let’s make yogurt with fruits.

First of all (but maybe the hardest thing in the whole recipe) you have to choose what fruits you want to put in. I always go for some berries and grapes. (If you prefer an apple, a banana or even a melon … take whatever your heart desires.)

Wash the berries and cut into bite-sized pieces. Do the same with the grapes. Next take a cup of yogurt (I use the 1% fat one or non-fat greek yogurt) and mix in one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Add the fruits and stir carefully. Then sprinkle it with some seeds. Therefore I always have a homemade seed mix ready. To make it I just put pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, roasted soy beans, chokeberries and dried cranberries into a lidded box and give it a good shake. All ready to sprinkle over your dishes.
 
As you can see in the pics I topped mine with homemade einkorn granola as well. Just to add some crunch. If you want to see a recipe for this, please leave a comment.


Enjoy and have a nice day...
xo
Andrea







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen