Juli 21, 2014

To beat the heat….a summery mixed salad







For my first blog post I’d like to present you one of my all time favorites.
A simple but yummy salad.

I’m a huge fan of every kind of salad because you can put nearly everything in there and they’re easy and quick to make. Furthermore a bowl of greens is refreshing, rich in vitamins and has low calories (Which is good for keeping our bikini body all summer long).


For today’s mixed salad all I did is washing and chopping some iceberg lettuce, half of a cucumber and some tomatoes. I put everything in a big bowl, added some corn and mixed all together. For protein source I chose mozzarella cheese. Since I love Italtian cheese and mozzarella is kind of refreshing to me, I really like it in my salads. But feel free to take any cheese you want or have. (Even it’s the stinky one. ) Next I diced veggie ham (I used the Vegavita one) and mixed it in the bowl as well.
Now we’re half way through. 
For the dressing I cut an avocado in quite big chunks. Size doesn’t matter because they’re going directly into the blender. I add a garlic clove, some vinegar (I used cider vinegar) and one tablespoon of high quality vegetable oil such as olive oil or linseed oil. (Keep in mind: When it comes to fat….it’s always quality before quantity!!! This is quite a big issue for eating healthy.)
And here comes my favorite part ….. blend, blend, blend, watching everything turning nicely green and smooth. Afterwards I added in two teaspoons of honey, about one tablespoon sweet mustard and seasoned with lemon salt. And because it made that much fun I blended again. YAY!! 
Then I mixed salad and dressing together and took a little taste. (OK it was quite a bigger one… but this is so me!).
To top my salad I sprinkled it with some cashews and chokeberries. For a nicer look I sliced some parmesan cheese and spread it on top (As I already told, I love cheese…)

Done!!!

I hope you enjoy as much as I did.
xo
Andrea

For more recipes and updates follow me on Twitter or Instagram
       Instagram
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen